In the 14th century, a chaplainry existed in the village of Pedrosa de Duero. The inhabitants of the village donated small parcels of land to the chaplains in appreciation for the religious duties that they performed in the area. Over time, the chaplainry came to have a sizeable landholding.
Some 500 years later, in 1855, the properties of the church and clergy were given over to the city council as part of the Ecclesiastical Confiscations of Mendizábal. Despite this, the inhabitants of Pedrosa continued to call the area “Pago de los Capellanes” in honour of the chaplains.
The estate was home to vineyards, cultivated for generations. Today, these have grown to become one of the most prestigious wineries in the Ribera del Duero region.